The other day when I picked the kids up from school, they all jumped in the car and Ethan's first words were... "Mom, can you cut my hair?" He was just way too hot. Sweat was dripping down and it was really gross! I wanted to make sure that he had thought it out. He has been growing it out for such a long time and it is almost winter. Kira and I tried to convince him otherwise. I asked him if he was sure several times... In the car, inside the house as I was getting the clippers out of the drawer, as I was plugging them in, as I was wrapping a towel around his neck, and finally as I had my clippers on and ready to cut. He was definately sure. "It is just hair, it can grow back!" he said. I know that...but not for awhile. We took some before and after shots. It is amazing he looked like a different kid! What makes me really sad is now Canaan is talking about wanting a haircut. So far he hasn't asked me at a time when we were able to do it, but I'm afraid that sometime soon I'll be making a similar post about Canaan, because after all...it is just hair!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Hair Begone!
The other day when I picked the kids up from school, they all jumped in the car and Ethan's first words were... "Mom, can you cut my hair?" He was just way too hot. Sweat was dripping down and it was really gross! I wanted to make sure that he had thought it out. He has been growing it out for such a long time and it is almost winter. Kira and I tried to convince him otherwise. I asked him if he was sure several times... In the car, inside the house as I was getting the clippers out of the drawer, as I was plugging them in, as I was wrapping a towel around his neck, and finally as I had my clippers on and ready to cut. He was definately sure. "It is just hair, it can grow back!" he said. I know that...but not for awhile. We took some before and after shots. It is amazing he looked like a different kid! What makes me really sad is now Canaan is talking about wanting a haircut. So far he hasn't asked me at a time when we were able to do it, but I'm afraid that sometime soon I'll be making a similar post about Canaan, because after all...it is just hair!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
You probably should have weighed him before and after! ;) Looks good!
Wow that was a lot of hair; I like the new do; it makes him look older!
that is TONS of hair. crazy!!! i like your new topper, i couldn't even get ONE kid to coordinate herself and cooperate for a photo at the pumpkin patch, how'd you manage four? good attitude on the hair ethan!!! he looks good!
I know it is a lot huh! I thought that his head looked like it had shrunk when we were done. But now I am used to it and all is back to normal.
Tim- maybe it is because they are all a little older than two and we didn't have to rush out to go to the bathroom.
Yeah! I love all the new posts! Good job Kelcey! I didn't want to nag you, but I was thinking that you were slowly fading out from the blog world. Thanks for taking time from a Eli-free scrap weekend to post!
What...noone has commented on Ethan's reason for getting his haircut? Sound like anyone? Perhaps Pedro on Napoleon Dynamite? Ring a bell? Anyway, your kids obviously have good hair genes, I'm thinking it won't be a problem for him to grow a new head of it. Hi Kelcey! We miss you!
Anne I was thinking about that during the post but I couldn't remember how the quote went and was too tired to try and figure it out. Good job! We miss you guys too!
"And then I realized it was my hair making me hot; so I cut it off"
Or something like that. Yep I thought of it but forgot to make note of it!
Post a Comment