Many years ago...before we were married and just barely dating, Eli and I were at Pepperdine for their big youth rally, Youthfest. We sat on this swing together and had our picture made. Last week we were down there for the lectureships and this swing was outside our dorm. My mom brought the kids down to meet us on the last day and before we left we took this picture. I was trying to find the "young and kidless" picture to share, but I'll have to keep looking. I was afraid if I didn't post now, while I'm thinking of it, it might never happen. As I was sitting there with my family (worrying that the swing might not hold us all) I was thinking about how God has blessed my life with a husband who loves the Lord and 4 great kids. I am so thankful for all that He has given to me. God is so good!
Sunday, May 4, 2008
My, My How The Family Has Grown!
Many years ago...before we were married and just barely dating, Eli and I were at Pepperdine for their big youth rally, Youthfest. We sat on this swing together and had our picture made. Last week we were down there for the lectureships and this swing was outside our dorm. My mom brought the kids down to meet us on the last day and before we left we took this picture. I was trying to find the "young and kidless" picture to share, but I'll have to keep looking. I was afraid if I didn't post now, while I'm thinking of it, it might never happen. As I was sitting there with my family (worrying that the swing might not hold us all) I was thinking about how God has blessed my life with a husband who loves the Lord and 4 great kids. I am so thankful for all that He has given to me. God is so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
that's really sweet! yeah, you're family has grown a lot since even i've known you. . from kidless and carefree to kidded and well, still a bit carefree i suppose! we'll be in town in two weeks, hope we get to see you guys.
Great Picture!
I won't be shy...Paul said you read my blog. Feel free to comment. It was good to see you at Pepperdine. I'm glad we can form a friendship, even if now it is just through a mutual friend (ie, Kim). I hope we keep running into each other, and if you don't mind, I'll read your blog.
Take care,
Kristi
Hey! I hope I have kids as great as yours someday. I love your shaggy Anakin son's hair. You guys are great.
Thanks Kristi, I was thinking after I saw Paul for the last time that I do need to send you guys the picture that we took of your family and the Rush family last summer. I'll get it to you.
Hey KLC!
Loved the pic of your sweet family. Sounded like the lectureships were great! We will be at Haley's BBQ, will YOU? If so, I will see you there!
xoxox
M-
I didn't want to miss out on commenting on this post! i love this picture, it's neat to have a benchmark (excuse the pun) for measuring the love you and Eli have had for each other over the years, God has blessed your family. Don't stop looking for that old picture, i want to see it!
Post a Comment